Thursday, May 20, 2010

I planted a renegade rose branch, will it grow?

We moved to a new home last summer and it came with a beautiful rose bush in the back with gorgeous pink mini blooms...and right next to it, a peony offspring was intertwined with what I thought was a baby from the rose bush. So I thought I'd sacrifice the peony since I have others that are well established, and move the baby rose bush to the front where there'd be more sun and I could enjoy it more. Come to find out when I started digging, it was attatched by a nice thick root to the main rose bush. I had no idea roses did this! Well, the damage was done, I sliced right through that big fat root, so I thought I'd just put it in the ground up front anyhow and see what it does. Has anyone done this before with positive results? Is there anything I can do to help it along? I also moved another rose that looks to be only a few years old from the other side of the house that was being over grown by a forsythia...and he's looking a bit weepy! Hope I didn't just murder my roses!

I planted a renegade rose branch, will it grow?
Only time will tell unfortunately. A lot depends on the environment they are in. Make sure to feed it fertilizer!





hey! It's great that you moved them to where there is MORE sunlight! That can't hurt!


No comments:

Post a Comment