Friday, November 18, 2011

Can my peonies survive the winter, in pots, in the garage?

I will e moving in Jan, and can't bear to leave my peonies behind. So I dug them up, and put them in pots in the garage. Also, when would be a good time to replant them?

Can my peonies survive the winter, in pots, in the garage?
I dont see why not? they lay pretty close to the top of the ground, root wise that is.Freeze tables are usually 30 in plus according to where yu live. maybe dress them with some peat too and make sure no exposure to wind and chill factor? about first of march put them back out in a sheltered area? try to keep the dirt and peat they are in close to the roots to not disturb small runners.
Reply:they will probably survive but as soon as spring comes at your new place be sure to put them in the ground, garage is good for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment