Saturday, November 14, 2009

Anyone remember Peony Park in Omaha? Anything built in its place? Or is it still there, rundown & closed?

Used to be a fun park (probably more for younger kids as I remember it) in Omaha, NE in the early 80's. Last I saw in '95, it was still standing, just closed off and overrun with weeds, etc. Did they build a new park in its place or did some real estate mogul come along and make an office building or parking lot out of it? It was a great place and my family and I used to go there all the time when we lived there. Just wondering if anyone else knows what I'm talking about. :o)

Anyone remember Peony Park in Omaha? Anything built in its place? Or is it still there, rundown %26amp; closed?
It is closed down, as you saw in 1995. It closed in 1994, and was demolished in 1996. Now there stands a Hy Vee Grocery Store, a Fazoli's, First National Bank, Blockbuster, and an apartment complex. It's a shame that it's gone! If you are ever in Omaha, there are pictures of the park before it closed in the dining area of Hy Vee. I think that it really stinks that it was torn down! :(


No comments:

Post a Comment